Hope International


The following information concerns students in Silesia only. In Lublin some requirements may be different.


All foreign students are obliged to apply for a student visa, which can be issued at the Embassies or Consulates of the Republic of Poland situated on the territory of their native countries.

Upon arrival to Poland without a visa all foreign students are required to apply for the Residency Permit Card immediately.

Due to complex and time-consuming procedure of applying for the Residency Permit Card (round 2 months) it is more convenient to apply for a student visa in your own country.

Please be notified that there is no possibility to issue or extend visa on the territory of Poland. If you need to get your visa extended you should get in touch with Polish Embassy or Consulate in your own country.

Residency Permit Card

Students applying for a Residency Permit Card in Poland are required to submit the following documents:

List of required documents - printable version

Application forms

All documents must be translated into Polish language by a sworn translator in Poland. Original documents should be accessible for review.

The application must be submitted by the foreigner in person due to the necessity of taking fingerprints as they are to be featured on the residence card.

Application must be submitted prior to the expiration date of the current Residency Permit Card, Visa or EU Border Crossing Stamp otherwise you shall be obliged to leave the territory of the European Union.

Students themselves are obliged to observe the deadlines of documents submission and collect all required documents. Applying for Residency Permit Card is your duty and you have to take care of it. We will give you all necessary information and support.

We do not bear any responsibility for consequences of non-fulfilment of Students' obigations.

Once the application is accepted, the procedure is set in motion.

Holders of Residence Permit Card are allowed to travel within the Schengen area without vizas during a maximum 3-month period.

Not all countries of the European Union are part of the Schengen area.
The full list of Schengen countries covered: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
The UK, along with the Republic of Ireland, are not part of the Schengen area.

EU Citizens - registration only

EU Citizens needs a cetificate concerning registration of stay in Poland.
Students applying for a certyficate are required to submit the following documents:

Silesian Voivodship Office in Katowice

Silesian Voivodship Office in Katowice

Department for Foreigners

ul. Jagiellońska 25, Room 119
40-032 Katowice, Poland
+48 (32) 200 20 62
+48 (32) 207 79 21
+48 (32) 207 79 19
Opening hours
Monday to Friday 730 - 1530
Tuesday 730 - 1800
Silesian Voivodship Office in Katowice Silesian Voivodship Office in Katowice